Remortgaging does take some paperwork. The essential documents you'll generally need include:
- Three month's payslips
- Three month's bank statements
- Three year's tax returns/accounts (if self-employed)
- Proof of address (utility or electric bills, etc.)
- Proof of any bonuses, commission or other income you receive
- ID (passport or driving licence)
Of course, these requirements might vary slightly from lender to lender. It's important to check in with your lender or broker and get a list of your required documents. If possible, submit them all in one batch to simplify and not delay the process.